Wednesday 5 October 2016

Cubism sculpture



Lecturer asked us to do a sculpture or 3d object that represents cubism about one of our friends. I 

chose Umar to represent my 3d object. 


 Characteristic of Umar
-likes football
-likes nigerian music
-likes green
-likes to laugh
-has dark tone colour
-Islamic

The below is my process:

Materials: thin metal wire, styrofoam plate.

Sketch: 

                                              
Figure 1.0: Sketch

Figure 1.1: fixing plates into a round shape


Figure 1.2: Trying to use collage to give face colour 

                                                        Figure 1.3: Almost finished artwork

I used green eyes, a black hat to represent songkok. I let the space for nose. The entire artwork is somehow round represents football.  

Figure1.4: football eye

I added a football eye to represent he is keen in football.


 Figure 1:5: Moon as Islam symbol

I added a crescent to show he is Islamic.


Another sculpture I did was from thin metal wire.

Sketch:

 
 Figure 1.6: Sketch
 
Figure 1.7: Materials
Figure 1.8: Finished artwork


The hand above represents the hand of god, and I am nothing but a puppet of god. The wire is strangled around my neck shows emotional distress. The hands of the sculpture shows 'SoWhat'? and I used plastic to show a skirt, that I am a female.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment